Thursday, November 6, 2008

Today

The day started off bad with the boys not listening, getting in trouble over and over. Collin dumped a huge thing of apple juice all over my kitchen floor flooding it. Aidan got in trouble for shoving/hitting Collin over toys, the usual. But then the afternoon came around and everything settled, they have been doing great, playing together nicely, listening. I was able to calm down as well, parenting is not easy, there are plenty of books on the subject but I find it hard to remember what advice or techniques I've read when I'm in the middle of a bad day with a baby fussing and 2 boys that want my attention as well, trying to divide myself 3 ways at the same time. I want to be as good a parent as I can be to the boys to raise them into sweet, confident, strong men. But like today I have those days where I think I could have done differently rehashing each incident and feeling like a not so good Mama. There is always tomorrow, I can do better!

And I think I'm a bit post happy today :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Forget Boys....You need a GIRL!!!!!

Madeline said...

Yep, Aunt DeDe, Jess is right You need a girl. But the Boys are so cute and wild !!