Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Can we skip age 2 please

I love my kids at every stage but 2 is hard. I'm having one of those days again, Collin tore down our new curtains, breaking the rod the shears hang on. Things like this happen often around here lately. I said to Jeff right after we put them up "how long till these are torn down by one of the boys" well I guess only 3 days of having them. Not sure if we should bother putting them back up at this point. I walked out of the room for 5 minutes to put laundry in downstairs. Then this afternoon they were having a snack, I had the Bisquick on the counter but away from the counter where the boys are. I checked on them, left, came right back within 2 minutes and it was all over the counter the floor, everywhere. I have to check on the wrecking crew very often but I'm starting to feel like I can't leave them in a room for a minute without something happening. Aidan's been pretty good about telling me when Collin is doing something but it's usually too late as it only takes Collin a few seconds to climb anywhere. I just want to skip past the "no's" and the seeming like they don't understand age of 2 and go to 3 where at least I know they understand when I tell them not to do something.

2 comments:

Madeline said...

Oh no, He tore your curtains down. I would say to wait a while before they go back up.

Anonymous said...

Dear Author www.mywildboys.com !
Excuse for that I interfere … But this theme is very close to me. Is ready to help.