Thursday, November 20, 2008

Rules


I put my foot down today and decided I need to be more strict (don't laugh!). I know I need to be more consistent with the boys in order to stop some of the destruction. I ended up crying today after both boys would not listen after continually getting into trouble and instigating each other to do things. I watched from the doorway with out them noticing as Aidan tells Collin "Spit your drink all over Collin" then he does it, or watching them wait for me to leave the room, thinking I'm gone they quickly begin what I just told them not to do, they were jumping off of a dresser on to the mattress left over from Collin's bed that we took out of the room. They are great outside the home, with grandparents, in other peoples care, I can take them to the library or even a store and they are mostly well behaved. But not at home with me, they constantly want to test me. Tonight Jeff and I made a list of rules that they have to obey, we are finally agreeing to discipline the same way and have total consistency, hopefully they will adjust to the new stricter Mommy. We sat the boys down and explained the rules and consequences, of coarse Collin broke the no hitting rule kicking Aidan as we were going over that very rule, so he had time out for the 5th time today. We'll have to see how this goes, I've tried so many things but I'm hoping maybe a list of rules that they are reminded of daily will help. And the consistency on the consequence for breaking the rule to be followed and then I'll reinforce to them that I love them, then I'll hope & pray that they will behave better soon!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

good luck!!! I need a list for Cody!

De-De said...

lol, great idea!

Anonymous said...

I don't spank kids anymore
instead, getting rid of freedome.:)

time out in their room.
they can't come out without permission.

It has worked out good so far.:)
Jo

Madeline said...

Hah Sarah,
Funny !!! A list for Cody.. He wouldn't like that.
Dede~I'm not sure they will stick to those rules for long.. They are crazy boy !! Good luck..

Maddy