Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The Wooden Spoon

So the boys have not been listening to me very well lately, they go in phases where they stop listening for a week or two and need to be reminded again. I decided to instill some fear into them and to carry a wooden spoon around with me. They are very scared of the spoon. It's been working well, I thankfully have not had to use it much as when they see it they usually stop right away whatever mischief they were up to. So far here is what's happened:

I put down the spoon the other day to make Dominic a bottle. Collin must have noticed. I was standing at the sink and felt a smack on my bottom. I turned around to find Collin with a mean grin on his face and the spoon in his hand. It definitely stings! Youch!

Aidan keeps telling us that the spoon is garbage. The next day I go to get the spoon and what do you know, it's missing!

So we bought a 3 pack of spoons yesterday, Aidan was not too happy.

My sister Anne gave me some advice, she has a spoon in every room, brilliant!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Try usijng a rubber hot glue gun stick.....It works